They say golf is a rich man’s game. The cost of club membership for players, the starter set and even the get-up or attire when playing cost a lot of money. Well that used to be the case several years ago. Nowadays, playing golf is not limited to the wealthy only. One of average income can enjoy a round of play for as low as $30-40, all inclusive of golf needs.
Playing golf need not be expensive. One can opt for the public courses, which offer as low as $20 to play 18 holes. Public courses are as good as fancy country clubs, without the hundreds of dollars attached to them. As for the golf clubs, you can borrow from friends (if they will let you), rent or buy cheap golf clubs.
The question you want to be answered right now is this: where to buy high quality cheap golf clubs? You actually have many options. Here are some of them.
- Online. There are literally hundreds of websites that offer used or cheap golf clubs today. As they say though, not everything in the net is true so be diligent in your research and take time to browse through the different sites. Compare and contrast the promos and packages being offered by these companies. Determine also the credibility of the companies. Read the comments in the forums and be open for all positive and negative feed backs. It is recommended that you stick with reputable sites selling these golf clubs only when you truly want to avail of high quality golf clubs at a price you can afford.
- Sports shops. Discounted or cheap golf clubs can be availed at sports retails stores or shops too. The advantage here is you can scrutinize the clubs very well unlike if you are just purchasing online. Carefully examine the club head and shaft for any nicks, dents or damages. You could also determine the weight and the feel of the golf clubs right there and then. If you are buying from professional sports shops, the probability that the salesclerks are very knowledgeable on golf is high. They are the right persons to ask for advice about which golf club is perfect for you.
- From professional players. Sometimes, these professional players sell their prized golf clubs at a discount to buy new ones or for whatever reasons they may have. The peak months are from January to March. This is also a good option especially if the player is a friend of yours. You can haggle and even borrow the golf clubs for a round of game just to check it out. You could also ask for a payment scheme not usually allowed online or through shops.
- From garage sales. Yes, sometimes you can find treasures in these garage sales. Be alert on announcements regarding sales on the newspapers, community bulletin boards, flyers or posts. You can usually find good prices of golf clubs during garage sales.
- From refutable pawnshops. Golf clubs are sometimes used as collateral in some pawnshops to get loans. Some pawnshops sell unredeemed items when the grace period for redemption has expired. The pawnshops usually sell these items for half or one third of its original price. You could find the announcements on newspapers for the schedule of the sale. This is also one good option to buy your golf clubs.
The only person you should not buy your golf clubs is from a stranger. This is self explanatory enough.
Playing golf has been made affordable to the rest of the population indeed. Availing of cheap golf clubs is now made easy with so many options as to where to buy them. Start your search now!